Learning Exchanges for Junior High Bible and Language Arts Teachers
Friday, January 26, 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
9:45 a.m. Refreshments and Check-in
Dordt College Terrace Room (LL in Campus Center)
Grades 6-12 Language Arts Teachers
A.M. Focus: The Six Writing Traits
P.M. Focus: Writing Assessment and Grading
Grades 6-12 Bible Teachers
A.M. Focus: Bible Activities and Memorizing Scripture
P.M. Portion: Nicki Kuiper - spiritual development for students; passion (or lack of) for Bible Teachers
Google Tools and Workflow Tips for Office Personnel
Friday, February 2, 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sioux Falls Christian (note location!!)
Kristin Mulder, Google for Education Certified Trainer
Learning opportunity covering the G Suite tools from the vantage point of an office staff member and teaching workflow tips, features, and strategies that fit the daily tasks of a person in that role. Hands-on session and will include training within Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Chrome Web Browser and more!
Learning Opportunity for General Music, Band, Orchestra and Choir Teachers/directors
Friday, February 23 (note new date!!) 9:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Dordt College Terrace Room (LL Campus Center)
Option #1 - led by Elizabeth Anderson. This option will present favorite songs and games (including holiday celebration songs), introduce some movement games including parachutes, ribbons and scarves and will show how to incorporate literature books in the music classroom. Attendees will be given general music resource materials for elementary music.
Option #2 - led by Kevin Kessler. This option will consist of a round table discussion including but not limited to commissioning new music, arranging music and copyright implications. Attendees will also learn score study techniques that don’t take a lot of time, will be introduced to some ideas on how to make rehearsals more efficient and will be re-introduced to some “lost gems” of concert band literature.
- January & February 2017 (Grades 6-12 Classroom Teachers, School Counselors, Resource Teachers, Lead Teachers, Kindergarten & 2nd grade teachers)
- January 2016 (Art, 3rd, 5th and 6th Grade)
- January & February 2015 (Pre-K, 1st Grade, Junior High Science & Math)
- January & February 2014 (Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, 4th Grade, Resource Room, Music)
- February 2013 (3rd grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, Junior High Social Studies, Junior High Language Arts and Junior High Bible)
- February 2012 (Pre-k and 1st grade)
- February 2011 (2nd grade, 4th grade and cooks)
- February 2010 (3rd grade, 5th grade and secretaries)
- February 2009 (Kindergarten, 1st grade 6th grade and janitors)